Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Average Ali 101

So why am I blogging?

When I first started blogging, I had a clear purpose: to update my family, friends, and supporters of my trip to Romania. (you can read all about that trip here: aliromania.blogspot.com)
This is me. In a phone booth. In Romania.

But this blog is different. There's not a clear, set purpose. So what kinds of things will I be blogging about? Anything that inspires me!

I love to read. So sometimes I might do a book review. Sometimes I might just post a quote that really got me thinking. Sometimes I'll post about my passions and interests. Sometimes I post about a life lesson that I'm learning. This blog is going to be a reflection of  who I am. So if you want to get to know me, stick around!

And what's up with the dandelion?


I love dandelions in the seed form. As a child, I would close my eyes and make a wish and blow the seeds (much to my father's chagrin) into the air. And now my adorable nieces do the same thing. To me, dandelions represent hopes. Dreams. Wishes. Goals.
This is not me. This is just some random child I found on the internet.
Every time I see a fluffy dandelion I'm reminded to keep dreaming, keep wishing, and keep hoping.  As C. S. Lewis put it "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."  And so it seemed fitting for me to use this symbol of hopes and dreams as a part of my blog. For You will soon find out that I am a dreamer.

So who am I? Here are some random facts about me to get things started.

I am a 22-year-old legal assistant.
I am a pianist and a singer.  By range I'm a mezzo, but I mostly sing alto cause I like it better.
I am a daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, aunt, and friend.
I am 5 feet tall with blonde hair and green eyes.
I love summertime, but fall is my favorite season.
My favorite color is mint green.
My favorite Dr. Seuss book is "Horton Hears a Who".
Thanks to my best friend, I own the "Party Edition." I know you guys are all totally jealous.


And here is where I'll leave you for now. What are you waiting for? Go dream a new dream!

-A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment