Friday, December 4, 2015

A Do-Gooder's Christmas Guide: Intro





It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! I'm sitting here drinking my candy cane infused coffee (nothing fancy; I just put a candy cane in my coffee mug and brew my coffee over it to melt it) out of my reindeer mug and listening to Christmas music, with our office Christmas tree, wreath and candles displayed.  I love Christmastime. The magic, the decorations, the activities; to me, it truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

Everyone loves getting presents.  And a lot of people like giving presents.  Unfortunately, we all know how easy it is to get caught up in the greed and consumerism of the holiday season.  But what if this year we used our spending power to do some good in the world, and to spread good will? There are so many great ways to give back, and Christmas is the perfect time to do just that! Whether through making donations to charitable organizations in someone else's name, or purchasing your gifts from a company that is committed to providing its workers fair wages, or making donations to great charities that are committed to the things about which you are passionate, I'm here to help!

Over the next couple weeks, I will be doing a lot of digging and researching to provide you with tons of ways to do a little extra good this Christmas season. Let's try to take a step back from the rush and madness that goes with this time of year, from the greediness, the gimmes, the I wants.  Let's refocus on what truly matter this holiday season.

So to all you do-gooders out there, lets make this Christmas matter.

-A.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment